UPDATE: Lets Do This: Facing Hodgkin Lymphoma, a feature-length documentary about my cancer journey and recovery is now available to rent or buy on Vimeo. After you watch the film, feel free to leave a note on our Facebook page letting us know what you think.
As the graphic says, I was diagnosed with stage IIB Hodgkin lymphoma in February 2012 — just one week shy of my 28th birthday.
Hodgkin lymphoma is a cancer of the blood and bone marrow that affects the lymphatic system. In my case, it was first discovered by x-ray as a large mass in my chest.
From the beginning, I resolved that I would document the entire process — from diagnosis to treatment to recovery — on this blog via both written and video updates. My hope in doing so is to keep family and friends apprised of how I am doing as well as to be a source of humanized information for Hodgkin lymphoma patients and their loved ones.
Collected below are all of the blog posts that specifically relate to my journey with Hodgkin lymphoma. Feel free to browse, comment, etc. The first post, I have been diagnosed with Hodgkin lymphoma, is a good place to start.
And finally: If this blog has been helpful to you or someone you know in any way, I would love to hear from you. Drop me a line. A little support goes a long way.
All posts in the Lymphoma category
- 02/16/12: I have been diagnosed with Hodgkin lymphoma
- 02/17/12: Follow-up and diagnosis [+Video]
- 02/19/12: Testing, Testing [+Video]
- 02/21/12: I called it in November
- 02/23/12: Setting the stage and new complications [+Video]
- 02/25/12: The X-ray that indicated something serious was present
- 02/27/12: The Great Heart Investigation [+Video]
- 02/29/12: Chemotherapy starts tomorrow
- 03/01/12: Chemotherapy, round one [+Video]
- 03/06/12: Ive been port-ified / Chemo side effects [+Video]
- 03/08/12: Were making a documentary (And we need your help) #LetsDoThisFilm
- 03/10/12: Week one and lost footage [+Video]
- 03/12/12: Introducing the Cancer Theology guest blog series
- 03/14/12: Quick updates
- 03/16/12: The in-between chemotherapy, round two [+Video]
- 03/19/12: Tony Jones on Cancer Theology
- 03/23/12: Losing my hair [+Video]
- 03/26/12: Brian McLaren on Cancer Theology
- 03/31/12: Chemotherapy, round three [+Video]
- 04/02/12: Mike Stavlund on Cancer Theology
- 04/06/12: Treatment no. three update: Cancer, curcumin, songwriting, more [+Video]
- 04/09/12: Greg Garrett on Cancer Theology
- 04/16/12: Kester Brewin on Cancer Theology
- 04/17/12: Chemotherapy, round four and QA [+Video]
- 04/26/12: Treatment no. four update: Retreat, pulmonary test, more [+Video]
- 04/30/12: Andy Root on Cancer Theology
- 05/07/12: Carol Howard Merritt on Cancer Theology
- 05/08/12: Chemotherapy, round five and the mental struggle [+Video]
- 05/15/12: Adam Walker Cleaveland on Cancer Theology
- 05/21/12: Paul Amlin on Cancer Theology
- 05/22/12: Treatment no. six update [+Video]
- 05/29/12: Nate Frambach on Cancer Theology
- 06/04/12: Brandon Mick on Cancer Theology
- 06/10/12: Treatment no. seven and other updates [+Video]
- 06/13/12: David Fitch on Cancer Theology
- 06/23/12: In which we learn that I am essentially cancer free(!), other updates [+Video]
- 07/10/12: Radiation orientation other updates [+Video]
- 07/30/12: Abigail Rian Evans on Cancer Theology
- 08/28/12: The beginning of the (sort of) end [+Video]
- 12/30/13: Introducing the Cancer Theology e-book